New Years Table Rock Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
stump. That stump drops down about 20ish feet to a line that goes to the Zeb. This is a fairly deep dive and due to the cold and possibility of penetrating the wreck and the relatively low viz I would recommend this dive only to experienced divers. N

That stump makes a good safety stop doesn't it?

Low viz, heck if you had 30 feet I'd say that was unlimited... Really, if you dive much around here you get used to vis that ranges from 1 foot to maybe 10 or so on average, so 30 feet is awesome.

Someday I look forwards to diving where you can see hundreds of feet, but not for another year I think.

I would agree that due to the depth at the deepest point only divers who are experienced should dive it because you'll run out of air pretty quick. Next time I dive it I'm going to take pictures, does anybody have any they could post of the various wrecks there?

So, Anyone up to a dive Thursday Temp 67 degrees supposedly! :D I have lived here now three years and never could find out where that town is. I am going to check it out either Wednesday or Thursday this week. Thanks for the info :14:

modiver71:
The small town of Oasis was abandoned as TR filled. Look for a spot called Oasis Bluff north of the Highway 86 Bridge over the Long Creek Arm of the lake. The only thing I could find on the web about it is:
http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/TableRockLakeMO.html
Right now the lake is about 15 feet below normal power pool, so some the deeper sites may not be as deep right now.

Is Oasis Bluff also near Moonshine Beach?

hey there, we dove all over table rock this past week,below 30' the viz is horrible!!!!! on the south end of the lake!!! maybe a foot if your lucky. norht end of the lake isnt much better. we dove down to 130 and you barley see anything even with a light. above 30 is about 5'-10'. surface temps are 48 and deep 45. kimberling city is the same. but what the heck getting wet is getting wet.

Floridawannabe:
So, Anyone up to a dive Thursday Temp 67 degrees supposedly! :D I have lived here now three years and never could find out where that town is. I am going to check it out either Wednesday or Thursday this week. Thanks for the info :14:

I'd love to go, but I have to work. Here is all I know of Oasis, it's a platte map from 1930. It's got the location of the town on it before changes happened.

Let me know what you think of it.
http://digital.library.umsystem.edu...=x-93;viewid=PLA-TANEY-02.TIF;start=1;resnum=

Look in the lower left corner by the way.

Never mind now they are saying a severe snow storm is coming. They say that if you wait five minutes the weather will change, here is my point.:14:

Mathew,
Thanks for the information. Now that it is supposed to be a bad snow storm I guess I will have to wait and see how Thursday looks. Oh well. leave it up to misery to change a good thing to bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom