New York side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohmdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello from the other side of Lake Ontario!

I live near Syracuse and want to dive more in the St. L, does anyone know of any dives, Shore or Charter on the New York side? (I have done the Islander before amd I am looking to get back)

I know there are some folks out of Alexandria Bay.... can't find the info right now, will post later.

ohmdiver:

I live near Syracuse and want to dive more in the St. L, does anyone know of any dives, Shore or Charter on the New York side? (I have done the Islander before amd I am looking to get back)
Umm, when I dove the Vickery last weekend I had to go through customs (and then back through them again), so methinks that is on the US/NY side :wink: Lots of wrecks on the NY side of the lake and river - the wreck map I bought in Brockville shows a whole lotta defunct shipping on that side (drooool - I am doing a NY side trip next year I think... if I can con a certain upstate NY buddy into it :D) and I think it also has a few US charters listed. I'd have to go dig it out of the car - can PM me.

There is one charter boat operator who runs out of Clayton New York. He is the only one on that side of the river that I'm aware of.

http://www.1000-islands.com/diving/

Depending on the dive site, it might just be easier and faster (and cheaper given the exchange rate) to drive to Brockville or Rockport and depart from Canada.

For the Daryaw, Lillie, Gaskin, King and Muscellonge you are definately better off leaving from Brockville. For the Keystorm, America, Peel, Vickery, Jodery and Octonto you might be better off leaving from Clayton or Alexandria Bay.

mo hunt runs two boats out of alex bay
one is small, and not particularily suited for diving
the other is big and nice and has a
- get this-
a hydraulic lift with a boom to hoist your tanks out of the water!

...but i've never talked to anyone who has dove off of the nicer one.

his shop is adjacent to the islander wreck site and provides air fills.

dt

ohmdiver:

Stop in National Aquatics on Erie Blvd. They have a charter on the weekends from the bay. Trish or Mike can help you.

chuckrt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom