Newb Question about cleaning iron artifact

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1- yes it was wrapped with copper wire. I used thick copper wire the kid used for running electric in your house

2 no need to suspend it just keep away from the electrode on the other side of the tank

3 i used thick steel rebar that i bought from Home Depot. Remember as the rebar collects deposits on it you will have to replace it with a fresh one to keep the process going. Also remember to change the water often.

4 No bbattery charger here. Go to radio shack and get a 12v or higher output device. I got mine for 30 bucks. I got the 12v one and it worked fine.

What fun; It looks like the external case of a pump motor, the part that would hold the fields. The brass part would be exposed to the environment and be less subject to corrosion. Is there any remnant of an impeller in this part? Who knows for sure?

got all the pieces together tosay for the electrolysis tanks but got distracted and didn't get it put together - should happen this week and I will post some pics when it's up and cooking :)

I like your use of a recyle bin. Please post a pic when its all done. Oh and we should get together for some local diving.

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom