Newbee from Ohio!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rialki

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is my first post. Never used one of these blog things before (i think that is what you call it). Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I'm not familiar with how to ask questions on the board. I'm trying to find some information on Grand Cayman, esp. shore diving options -- what forums do i go to for this question? Appreciate the help. Looking forward to chatting with some of you
Rialki

Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving glad to have you aboard. Here are a few to just get you started To find your people in Ohio go to Great Lakes Wrecking Crew there you will find alot of divers in your area. For your travels you could go to General Travel & Vacation Discussions or the Scuba Market Place.
This is a great forum and we are all like family here.:D
Becky

happywave.gif
Hi Rialki and Welcome to
sblogo.gif

Hello,
I have been to Grand Cayman many times and the diving is wonderful. From recollection, there are not many shore dive options. I believe that a site called Devil's Grotto is accessible from shore. A few years ago I stayed at Cobalt Coast Resort and they have shore diving right in front of the resort, but it is not nearly as good as some of the boat dives. As a suggestion, you may wish to contact the place where you'll be staying and ask them.
As you may be aware, the best place for shore diving is Bonaire. Indeed, most people rent a small, 4-seat pick-up truck with tank racks in the truck bed. Shore diving sites are all marked by yellow-painted rocks and are shown on maps that are available everywhere.
Grand Cayman is quite nice, but a bit pricey, so be prepared to that.
Glad to assist further if possible and I too am in Ohio.
Geoff
gfallon@insight.rr.com

Back
Top Bottom