Newbie from Malaysia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chongming

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I am a newbie from Malaysia. I have dived in Pulau Perhentian, Pulau Besar and Pulau Payar (off Langkawi). I those here who have evolved gills and natural fins are willing to share their knowledge and experience with me. Thanks.

chongming,

Welcome to the boards. We are glad to have you here. Your pretty lucky to be diving in such a beautiful place.

Dive Safe...

Aardal

:cool:

Great to have you here,
Palau....A great place.My master instructor friend and I were only just talking about his trip to the jellyfish lake in Palau when he was at a dive conference there.
I was in Singapore in 97 but the water was too dirty and those Indonesian fires were polluting everything over there.
Is the water brown where you are or is it good for diving?
I'm from New Zealand and have some friends from Kuala Lumpur in Auckland. I take it from your name that you are Malaysian Chinese.I'm off to korea for 3months instructing and hope to dive other great asian sites.
Welcome to this site.
The Gasman

The colour of the water in the Perhentian and Redang is blue . The colour of the water in Pulau Payar (off Langkawi) is green. There are lot's of fishes in Pulau Payar, you can actually feed baby black tip sharks that swim to the shoreline to greet visitors. The big momma is just somewhere deeper. There are no challets or accomodation in Payar. So you'll have to make one-day-trips. I feel that this is also a method of conservation (how much trash you dump in a night;s stay?) and visitors are not allow to bathe with soap or detergent (some actually do). You interested in Pulau Payar?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom