newbie from michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hippie Dan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everybody, getting back into diving after(should I say) 40 years. Couldn't think of a better place to get re-aquanted with all the stuff that has passed me by. Still have my Rockets, but need a full new education on the current equipment out there. Learned on US Divers, so I'm partial to that brand, would love to stick with it. Will get certified at my local dive shop(seaquatics,in midland)but I'm gonna ask a hundred questions prior about gear. Great site, great to be a member,great start. Dan

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

40 years, wow! I bet it's all different now.

Hi Hippie Welcome to Scuba Forum!

Thanks guys, Yep,I was sure the new technology was gonna be totally cool. Gonna be 58 this year and my last dive was in 74,when I was a senior in HS.I have a bunch of questions to get answered,so I'm going to start tonight in BCD's. I fiqure if 90-95% of a group agree on something: it's a pretty sure bet that what ever that may be,it's probably right. Look forward to completing this journey. Dan

Welcome to the board! Yes 40 years is a long time but you will find that there are people on this forum who love the same gear that was being used back then. I have looked at a lot of "innovations" like split fins and bcds and what-nots and decided that they are re-inventing the wheel. I use BP-wings and solid rubber fins and I am happier than I was using a lot of flashier gear

Thanks Captain, I just posted about the equipment I need in another forum, first of many questions I have. I can score a nos usdivers double back pac; throw in a (new tech) soft weight belt/etc and I'm done, I'm hoping for the simplist/newest stuff, but the bare bones recreational stuff. I'm sure you guys will get tired with me before it's over.Dan

Welcome aboard.. If it is information you are looking for we have it in spades here
icosm14.gif
My favourite dive buddy and hubby thanksforallthefish still dives with the USdivers back inflate BCD he bought when he started diving 25 years ago! Good gear that lasts! You may find the vintage divers section of interest:)

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, based on the current weather patterns, diving will start late in Michigan. That will give you a lot of time to complete your refresher. If the ice hasn't melted by May, I might have to head to Florida.

Back
Top Bottom