Newbie help; basics about good/cheap diving Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reaching cebu from manila is very easy. and there are about 20++ flights from three different airlines from early morning to midnight.

Boracay is okay. You need to figure out what you want to do....dive or party. Bottomline.....dive in PG and party in Boracay.

NOT YOURS...ewan ko sayo..lol ....KANO looking puwit....... The dive sites in Borcay are ok.

NOT YOURS...ewan ko sayo..lol ....KANO looking puwit....... The dive sites in Borcay are ok.

:11::11::11:

that sounds really rude. :crying2: much worse than in english.

p.s. stop photographic piracy!

then change the picture....we're tired of looking at your butt...apologizing now for the language and cultural transgression.....sorry.

then change the picture....we're tired of looking at your butt...apologizing now for the language and cultural transgression.....sorry.

ahhhh... then its gonna stay there til forever, dude. you can always look at the remaining 95% butt free screen. duh.

ROFLMAO....typical PINAY!!! Hahahahaha...ok, cool. The other guys don't mind I'm sure.

ROFLMAO....typical PINAY!!! Hahahahaha...ok, cool. The other guys don't mind I'm sure.

hah. the only chinese i got is my surname. and the only spanish in me is my temper. pinay, thru and thru, babyD :D

Im glad I read this post. Atleast it gives me other dive site to think about when I get there other than Anilao. But I guess Cebu is out of the question since my port of entry is in Manila. But I'll try to squeeze it in on my scheadule since I'll be there for a month or maybe longer. But I'll definately try to go to Subic since I heard there's some great site in Subic.

A lot of people that I know who don't dive keep telling me that I need to go to Boracay when I get back. But looking in this board I haven't read anything about Boracay when someone ask for a good dive site in Philipines. Is Boracay a good place to dive or should i just scratch it on my thinkgs to do list?

subic? this is basically old iron. if you are a wreck bum, then thats the place to go. even more iron you will find in coron. Both sites have not the best viz though.

one months time - lucky you. that gives you the opportunity to dive the visayas. it is easy to catch a flight from manila to cebu flying time 60min. although i can stay for much longer than a week in one place, diving 3 to 4 days every destination is for most poeple good enough. maybe one exception - cabilao but i shouldn't promote it that much!!! i like it quiet.

boracay very much opposite to the standard meanig in the dive community, i like the divesites. in my opinion the shallow sites are ok (crokodile island) and the deep sites are just spectacular. yapak 1 and 2 are great. you decent in the blue down to 35m/100ft to hit the reef top. good chances for some sharks and tunas....
and yes, if you are experienced, nitrox will help....

just try not to be there christmas/new year and easter. the rest is fine, with strong winds/waves during rainy season.

ahhhh... then its gonna stay there til forever, dude. you can always look at the remaining 95% butt free screen. duh.

Can we do a scubaboard Vote?:D The 'Butts' and the "no-Butts":rofl3:

This thread could rival the housewives:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom