Newbie in Cozumel for one day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BetterLateThannever

Contributor
Reaction score
I begin my OW certification this week and plan to be in Cozumel for one day in October off a cruise ship.

This one day is my primary motivation for learning to scuba. Does anyone have a suggestion for making the most of this opportunity? I will not be arriving until 9:00am and departing midnight. I have heard that the excursions planned by the cruiseline are less than optimum. Should I make my own arrangements with an operator in Cozumel, if so who do you recommend for newbies?

Any other info or advice welcome.

BLT

Hi BLT,

Cruise lines often broker deals with local dive ops based on the op's convenience for the ship, amount of kick back & related factors other than the best diving.

It's easy to make your own arrangements on Coz. Papa Hog's Scuba Emporium does a super job with newbies. Contact them at http://www.papahogs.com.

You're going to love Coz diving.

DocVikingo

Thanks Doc,

Coincidentally, I ran across some very positive reviews of Papa Hogs on a word search of Cozumel.

I'll send them an email.

BLT

Back
Top Bottom