Newbie with OceanLog (Atom 2.0)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnulab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,

I just received my Oceanlog USB Cable today. I've read that it's quite PITA experience to download dive data from the Atom 2.0, but that's not the experience I had. Mine went smoothly, thank God.

I'm using the OceanLog 2.28 beta software, seems to be pretty stable, so far, I had use it only once . Since this is the first time I use a dive software, all (the additional information such as average depth, SAC) seems to be ok & enough for a beginner. There is also a graph indicating the depth achieved throughout a dive.

After the euphoria is gone, I'd say this about downloading data to your computer.
1. If you're the type who logs every dive and like numbers, then go ahead, spend it on a USB Cable, got mine at $65.00, it's worth it. It'll worth more if you have the transmitter as the software will calculate your SAC.
2. If logging is your hobby but you don't care about numbers, only the neatness/paperless feature of an electronic dive log, then a USB cable wll be a *tad* of a luxury item, since there is a e-dive log on the internet (http://www.diverecord.com).
3. If you're simply curious, try to borrow from a friend. :D This is definitely a luxury item for you.

I like numbers, thus I went out to buy the USB cable, but was kicking myself since now that certain information needs the transmitter, I'm tempted to get a transmitter now. :depressed:

Hope this helps for those who are considering whether to buy the Oceanic OceanLog USB Cable.

Henry

PS. I can provide screenshots, just PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom