NewCousteau Film

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apologies then, as I am new here. I should have realized this topic was probably a much debated, hot button issue here. I'll move along.

I have seen the movie. It proves that he was a great pionneer, a bad husband and a worse father. Interesting viewpoint.

I am looking forward to watching it. You can't come from Navy service where dynamite fishing was practiced and all of a sudden worrying about all the little critters (and some of the larger ones, too). JYC took us farther than all the sponge divers and hard hat divers that preceded him.

Apologies then, as I am new here. I should have realized this topic was probably a much debated, hot button issue here. I'll move along.

No need to apologize. This is a subject that comes up every so often, not really a "hot button" like DIR, people who don't use backplate/wings, solo divers. Those discussions remind me of the old adage from academia about Social Science, "the fights are so vicious because the stakes are so low." Please don't ever feel like your input does not matter.

The third generation of Cousteaus is now making its contribution. As with all humans, there are good and not-so-swell aspects. The Captain was a complex man, and a man of his time. Maybe Freewillow summed it up best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom