Newest book in my budding library

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Found a steal at a barnes and noble in Burlington, vt while waiting for a flight. I picked up Dive:The Ultimate Guide to the world's top dive locations by Monty Halls. While perusing the bargain book racks, I found this gem for $7.98. It essentially covers 70 dive destinations and focusses on the notable dive spots at each destination.

I haven't had time to get through the whole thing yet, but it seems fairly in depth with great full page photos. In comparing this to 50 places to dive before you dive, that was recently reviewed in another thread, well, there is no comparison. This book has found it's way to my coffee table for the forseeable future. I especially like the information sidebars that concisely list dive ops, hospital, deco chambers, governing bodies, contact info, conservation agencies, and water temps.

Last edited:
It is a great book- I have it, and paid alot more than you did. Now you need to add my book to your library "The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette." for only $4 more than you paid for the beautiful coffee table volume, you get 62 pages and one picture of very funny stuff with a practical point. Or you can wait for a couple of years and get a cheap used one. (e-book cheaper- $7.99).

Got it. Read it. Passed it along to the gf. Very funny quips, your points are all to true. My only suggestion would be to add cartoony pics depicting the offences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom