Newly Certified Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,

My name is Samuel and I just today got fully certified with PADI, it was an amazing experience and can't wait to jump into the sport and begin meeting people and expanding my dive history and profile. Diving was something that always interested me but something that seemed unattainable at the time. I'm currently a Junior at the University of South Florida (Tampa) Majoring in Bio-Medical Sciences. My goals for Diving are Rescue Diver and possible Dive Master, with an Instructor possibly far, far down the line. I had been following this board for a month or so before I decided to talk the plunge so to speak :dork2:. For my gear, I had my LDS talk me into a really sweet BC in my opinion, fits my needs and did my OW Dives with it and fell in love. Zeagle Covert, a minimalist BC but durable and enough features to keep me happy, the ranger would have been great, but that and the Stiletto were slightly out of my price range. As for regulators I started with an Amazon (I know, I know, bad decision but for the minimal diving I will do before I upgrade, it is a good reg / price to take a beating) Cressi XS2/AS2 and a basic Octo, with Cressi mini Gauge system. The BC will last me years and the regs will be upgraded as I get more advanced in the sport. I'm also interested in rebuilding my own regs which is why I picked a very basic reg to have to practice on.

I am very happy to receive advice from experienced divers and look forward to chatting with you all in the future!

Welcome to SB Samuel Waters! You are in a great spot to do some amazing dives in Tampa! Congrats on the certification!

Welcome to SB.

Hope to see you join in the discussion forums... SB can use some new voices in the conversations!

Ray

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom