News - submarine in Haliburton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amobeus

Contributor
Reaction score
I just learned today from the manufacturer International Venture Craft, out of Bristish Coloumbia that the company HALIBURTON FOREST INC will be taking ownership of there new six man submarine in two weeks. This company I'm told will be offering submarine rides through out the summer months and is still a mystery as to were they will be operating out of. This four ton $189.000 US sub will surely turn a few divers eyes. I have added a photogrpah of the submarine. I'm sure as the summer nears we will hear more about this operation.

amobeus:
I just learned today from the manufacturer International Venture Craft, out of Bristish Coloumbia that the company HALIBURTON FOREST INC will be taking ownership of there new six man submarine in two weeks. This company I'm told will be offering submarine rides through out the summer months and is still a mystery as to were they will be operating out of. This four ton $189.000 US sub will surely turn a few divers eyes. I have added a photogrpah of the submarine. I'm sure as the summer nears we will hear more about this operation.

Submarine in Hamilton, I wonder if the City of Hamilton is involved?

Tom R:
Submarine in Hamilton, I wonder if the City of Hamilton is involved?

Tom that says Haliburton not Hamilton. The place has about 5000 people and is just east of Minden. Great x-country skiing and canoeing there but no place to put that sub and have it pay for itself. I wonder if it will end up in Picton or thereabouts :wink:

Actually maybe they will use it to search for old timbers for recovery. Those original stand trees sitting on the bottom of lakes are worth quite a few $$ if large enough.

pufferfish:
Tom that says Haliburton not Hamilton. The place has about 5000 people and is just east of Minden. Great x-country skiing and canoeing there but no place to put that sub and have it pay for itself. I wonder if it will end up in Picton or thereabouts :wink:

Actually maybe they will use it to search for old timbers for recovery. Those original stand trees sitting on the bottom are worth quite a few $$ if large enough.

You can only dream, cause we know what's in Hamilton.

The river would be a great place (weather thing), I can give them a few places to drive it around in.

Didn't DMI have a sub business at one time?

Hi

Haliburton Forest Inc, own a large part of land surounding a lake just north of Toronto, I'm not sure of the name of the lake but I'm asuming it will be used as some type of amusement park ride and At four tons I can't see it being towed around and that model of sub only has a depth rating of 130 feet max. As for DMI they are still alive with there smaller mobile subs.

Dive Dive Dive

Cheers

Amobeus

amobeus:
Hi

Haliburton Forest Inc, own a large part of land surounding a lake just north of Toronto, I'm not sure of the name of the lake but I'm asuming it will be used as some type of amusement park ride and At four tons I can't see it being towed around and that model of sub only has a depth rating of 130 feet max. As for DMI they are still alive with there smaller mobile subs.

Dive Dive Dive

Cheers

Amobeus

Any Idea what Lake

Man that is some toy. I thought I had all of the dive toys I needed-- but I'd love to have one of those. It would even fit on the back of my diveboat. Just think- unlike my drysuit- it would be a dry dive. Or is one of those wet subs.

Cliff :bounce: :bounce:

Hi Cliff

No! that new model of tourist sub is a dry type, that takes six passengers includeing the pilot. Im not realy sure what they are intending to dive her on, maybe the Wyome now that would be cool, but either way its going to be a blast. Those wet Sportsubs are more search and explore type veicles that run and manuver faster and are only 1250lb empty compared to the four ton tourist sub. This tourist sub is the first one off the assembly line.

Cheers

Amobeus

Back
Top Bottom