Newsletter Spam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MechDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Where did the "default to yes" newsletter spam signup come from in my profile? If I wanted this junk, I'd ask for it.

You guys are really pushing the edge to make a buck.

Control panel, edit options. Uncheck the box that says "receive email from admins".

They provide a free service to us. It's a lot of work.

SueMermaid:
Control panel, edit options. Uncheck the box that says "receive email from admins".

They provide a free service to us. It's a lot of work.

I already did that, my point being, I should not have had to as the "newsletter" should have been an opt-in, not opt-out.

Unwanted commercial email is called "spam". Not "a free service". Your moderatorship is showing.

MechDiver:
Unwanted commercial email is called "spam". Not "a free service". Your moderatorship is showing.

Um ... she's not a moderator ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
She's just a big silly

MechDiver:
Where did the "default to yes" newsletter spam signup come from in my profile? If I wanted this junk, I'd ask for it.

You guys are really pushing the edge to make a buck.

Yeah....I got one whole email....thats REALLY pushing it. Now if I could only get one WHOLE email on mortgage loans........

NWGratefulDiver:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

With user names being in 14 assorted colors now, it's somewhat hard to tell anymore.

But, that was not the point.

NathanBrazil:
Yeah....I got one whole email....thats REALLY pushing it. Now if I could only get one WHOLE email on mortgage loans........

One more just adds to the pile bud. At least mortgage loans are useful...

MechDiver:
With user names being in 14 assorted colors now, it's somewhat hard to tell anymore.

But, that was not the point.

Well, OK ... but my point is that if our user names, status flags, and profile options make you mad, there's a really easy solution.

You've spent way more time complaining (and somehow managing to make it a moderator issue) than it would've taken you to simply deselect the option in your profile.

Life's too short ... relax ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom