Nex-7 30mm macro in Manado Bunaken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco369

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here are some shots from a recent trip to Manado and Bunaken national park. I used a Nex7 with 30mm macro in a Nauticam housing with port 45. I later added an Inon UCL165 as I found the magnificaition helped a little. I usually had a Inon S2000 and a Light and Motion Sola 1200 (mainly for video, but used it as a focus light too).

My first day was using the LCD screen, but subsequently, all macro used the EVF as it was very precise to determine which part of the critter to focus on. Indeed, the focus peaking feature is real nice. My earlier shots used F4-F8, but with such close distance, F20 really makes more sense.

Manado2013-013.jpgManado2013-014.jpgManado2013-022.jpgManado2013-024.jpgManado2013-028.jpgManado2013-035.jpgManado2013-037.jpg

Seeing how the UCL165 was a small help, I'm left wondering if the new UCL100M67 might be a useful addition.

Some beautiful shots! What was your favorite dive site in Bunaken or the area? I'm planning a trip there in July, and trying to find out as much as I can.

Here are some shots from a recent trip to Manado and Bunaken national park. I used a Nex7 with 30mm macro in a Nauticam housing with port 45. I later added an Inon UCL165 as I found the magnificaition helped a little. I usually had a Inon S2000 and a Light and Motion Sola 1200 (mainly for video, but used it as a focus light too).

My first day was using the LCD screen, but subsequently, all macro used the EVF as it was very precise to determine which part of the critter to focus on. Indeed, the focus peaking feature is real nice. My earlier shots used F4-F8, but with such close distance, F20 really makes more sense.

View attachment 150780View attachment 150781View attachment 150782View attachment 150783View attachment 150784View attachment 150785View attachment 150786

Seeing how the UCL165 was a small help, I'm left wondering if the new UCL100M67 might be a useful addition.

Very nice shots. I use the same set up inc. the EVF. I mainly use the 18-55 std lens as i find the 30mm macro doesn't focus that well in close. I find the SOLA 1200 light good to use even without a strobe. Like the new SOLA 2000 with bright spot light.

Many good sites in Bunaken. Lekuan, Siladen, Fukui, are all good. The mainland has lower visibility, but there's a lot of macro there - my ghost pipefish and some shrimp were taken there. Dives just off Manado city are good too, but you need someone with local knowledge as most resorts don't go there.

---------- Post added April 17th, 2013 at 12:10 AM ----------

I mainly use the 18-55 std lens as i find the 30mm macro doesn't focus that well in close.

I'm very interested to find out how the 18-55 turns out. Do you use a diopter? Could you post a few shots?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom