Nex-7 evf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alien

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just a quick note to say took the NEX7 out on Saturday with Nauticam housing. The EVF is very nice and easy to view through the mask. Much better for my older eyes to see than the LCD. Still sorting out arms and lights but getting there. Video is superb even in the murky water. Tried the 16mm pancake with the WA extension lens and my new dome port. Nice and clear. New Zealand and Solomon Islands in April here we come.

No haven't noticed any at all

I have the housing and I am waiting for a camera. I have used a loner camera and found the OLED, EVF to be very good as well. I have the new back on order which will allow use of the Nauticam 45 or 180 degree optical finders with the EVF, should be very cool.

Phil Rudin

FYI, if you have a Mac and want to edit the ACVHD video (.mts files), into a storyboard in iMovie or Final Cut Pro.

Either set the camera to be in MPeg4 mode, or, use ClipWrap (50$) which transforms many popular HD formats into .MOV's by encapsulation and not transcoding.

So the files are smaller. If like me, you forgot to set the camera to record MPeg4 mode ahead of time before shooting lots of videos.

Thanks Mark great tip.
cheers

Mark I am having trouble importing the videos on to the iPad would this be the reason? When I plug in the photos come across straight away but not the videos. What is the default for the video mode?
thx

I have the housing and I am waiting for a camera. I have used a loner camera and found the OLED, EVF to be very good as well. I have the new back on order which will allow use of the Nauticam 45 or 180 degree optical finders with the EVF, should be very cool.

Phil Rudin

Phil camaers are available from Hong Kong i fyou are still waiting. US seems to be last place :(

Phil what is the difference with the new back?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom