Nex-7 evf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeh thanks just wondered what is physically different with a new back? Expensive upgrade.

Nauticam NEX-7 Housing on Display in Sony Booth at CES - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

Alien,

My mistake, a better choice of words would have been OPTIONAL back window. The window will need to be installed by your dealer to replace the stock window with the pickup finder. I have used the Inon 45 degree finder for years with my SeaTool housing for the Olympus E-3. I like the 45 because I do a lot of macro at the BHB and it allows you to say above your subject much better than a 180 degree finder. The down side is when you try to follow moving subject like sharks.

If you open the link and look down the page you will see a photo of the back with the 45 degree finder at a Paris dive show.

Phil Rudin

Last edited:
The only thing that sucks with the iPad, videos, a problem you won't have with a Samsung Galaxy tab. Apple only supports .MOV files on all their devices, so you can't play back anything that the Sony can produce.

(Import with a Mac computer, convert to .MOV, like with iMovie, then Import with iTunes, then Sync to iPad)
(Method #2 - requires Wifi, Mac computer, VLC media player (free), and a VLC Streamer (1.99$) on iPhone / iPad)
(Method #2 - computer 'reads & streams' over Wifi, that multiple Apple devices 'capture', like Apple TV, iPhone, iPad)

Only KODAK digital cameras produced directly .MOV files, part of the reason KODAK tanked & crashed, because their cameras did not produce AVI files. iPhone / iPad didn't even exist back then.

Best you can do is set camera to MPeg4 mode, to not have to buy a converter program. You'll still need a "real" computer to display them.

*** If you want to shop for a different tablet, bring your SD card with you to Best Buy, and try them all ***

Mark I am having trouble importing the videos on to the iPad would this be the reason? When I plug in the photos come across straight away but not the videos. What is the default for the video mode?
thx

I got terra bytes of content in MKV / AVI, that my Samsung LCD 52" TV reads & plays, without requiring a computer, just plug external HD into USB port.

Yet an iPad2 that costs MORE MONEY than a Samsung LCD 52" TV can only playback Apple's proprietary MOV format.

Once the "mainstream" catch on that iPads suck the Big One for video, the Samsung tablets should start making headway.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom