Next Destination???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJoshCRNA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok folks...I HATE seeing the same thing twice! That being said, I'm looking to plan my next LOB dive trip.
I'll be leaving from Texas, US and can travel anytime of the year, though June-July is preferable.
Musts:
Liveaboard
Manageable Currents (my fiancé has<50 dives)
Something to do topside after the LOB is done (So Maldives is low on the list)

Here is where I've been:
Cozumel
Costa Rica (Not Cocos)
Red Sea
Similan-Burma
Bali-Komodo
Bonaire

So where do I go next???

Thanks in advance for your input :wink:

Belize. I've heard they're booked up to about summer now but either boat does basically the same itinerary. Dive the Great Blue Hole...
Aggressor and Dancer Fleet - Belize Aggressor II
Aggressor and Dancer Fleet - Belize Sun Dancer II
Something to do topside after the LOB is done
After that spend a few days doing all the inland activities: Mayan Ruins, Howler Monkeys, Belize Zoo, Jaguar Preserve, River Tours, Cave Tubing, and about 20 others. Even Aggressor lists it on their website:
A trip to this Central American paradise isn&#8217;t complete without a visit to Belize&#8217;s Mayan ruins, a cave tubing ride through the jungle, or a canopy tour through the tree tops. Tours are offered on Friday afternoon, but an extended stay is recommended to fully enjoy the wonders of Belize.

Ditto on Belize. Easy and ability to do 5 dives a day. Great experience for a beginner diver. Land activities are fantastic. Ruins and ATM cave (a must do) are just a couple of the great things to do in the jungle! Great experience both in the water and out.

Make it 3 votes for Belize LOB.

Perfect for an inexperienced diver, my favorite Caribbean diving and quick flight for you from Texas. Only concern is topside activities in July might be really hot.

I'd leave the exotic destinations for when she gets more experience. She'll enjoy it more because she'll be more experienced and relaxed, you will enjoy it more because you'll be less worried about her.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input so far...I love Asia and enjoy the culture and people, so I always forget about destinations closer to home. I think Belize or Bahamas just might be our next adventure :))

Caymans?

Cayman Agressor?

Back
Top Bottom