Next question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am wondering what other divers wear for rock boots and what fins do you match them to. I DO NOT want a fin war over this question just which boots/size and what fins/size you like to wear together. I wouldn't mind hearing the why's of your decision to match equipment together. I have already ordered the EVO III boots with my package because I saw the Fusion boots and thought they were to flimsy. I know someone is wondering why I would ask this question if I have already picked my boots, well, I am simply interested in hearing about your choices and comparing them to mine. Oh, I almost forgot, what about sizing? I am getting conflicting stories on sizing my boots. One time the rep says one size bigger and the next he says that the extra area needed for heavier socks and such is taken into account and to order based on what you normally wear for street shoe size. So, what did you do for this dilemma???

Thanks for reading and responding to my questions...

Last edited:
Completely off topic but I have a request, is there any chance you can change the size of your font and the colour? With my ageing eyes I find your posts, which I like by the way, hard to read. Of course it could just be me, feel free to ignore if you wish. Cheers.

I used steel toe rubber boots with a wetsuit boot underneath and XL fins.

standard-mens-steel-toe-workshoe-1928.jpg

Completely off topic but I have a request, is there any chance you can change the size of your font and the colour? With my ageing eyes I find your posts, which I like by the way, hard to read. Of course it could just be me, feel free to ignore if you wish. Cheers.

Good morning and thank you...how is that?

I'm using DUI rock boots, the lighter sneaker like version they went to about 3 years ago. I had large Jets for wet diving that were too small so I got a pair of XL and off I went.

Luck or some form of trying things on is essential here for the reasons you outlined. foot, socks, heft of boot.......

Pete

I bought a pair of the BARE rockboots and really liked them, until I pulled the loop off the back of one of them, and I can't get it on any more. Now I use a pair of boat shoes from McGill. I'm not sure they make them any more. They don't have much of a sole, so they aren't great for walking over rocks, but they are elastic and mesh and drain quickly. They are easy to put on and they STAY on.

When I used boots, I ordered them one or two sizes bigger than I thought I needed. I have a lot of Fusion suit sock to wad up in the front of the boot.

I use the EVO 3 boots with Hollis F1 fins. The boots are a size 9 and the fins are an XL. I replaced the laces on the boots with bungee (put separately in each set of eyelets, not laced up) , which makes them effortless to get on and off. It's so much better than lacing and tying them every time, and having laces come untied, etc.

Thanks everyone for the responses. The Whites rep for our area brought down a pair 10's for my wife and a pair 13's for me to try. I was really surprised when they worked for both of us. I am a size 11 and my wife is a size 8 1/2 - 9 depending on the shoe manufacturer. So, we have our rock boots now. Tomorrow is our dry suit specialty check out dive, once done with that and after a surface interval with some lunch we are going to do a second dive on our own to practice our buoyancy some more. Talk to ya'll later.

Back
Top Bottom