Next trip...Any ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ok, its that time again..we just had a trip last weekend and its time to get to thinking about the next one. I thought that maybe I shoul djust ask for some suggestions and some possible dates. I have to plan events way in advanced cuz my weekends get booked up quick.

So the location ideas so far are:

Rainbow River near Williston, FL (Ocala area)

Ft. Lauderdale - unlimited shore diving and maybe a boat dive too

West Palm Beach - boat dive and a dive a Blue Heron Bridge

Ft. Myers - Aren't the wrecks of the Bayronto and the Fantastico out there, I've been wanting to do those.

Now we can see what other suggestions come and up and make a location choice in a couple weeks. Don't worry we can do all the locations sooner or later, we just need to pcik one to start with. My vote is for Ft. Lauderdale cuz we have several members that wanted something in thier neck of the woods.

When....I am free the following dates:

Oct. 4-5, 11-12, 25-26

What dates are everyone else available. Don't pick based on when I can go, we can't please everyone, we will paln for the weekend that the most folks are available.

So...what's it going to be?

Also I saw that the Texas folks are plannng a trip to Florida to the Ocala area the first of the year, so maybe we can have a Texas meets Florida party.

CBulla once bubbled...
Wendy, seeing your suggestion about diving off Ft Myers spurred thought about the location. AUE-Mike has an awesome site together with wrecks, pictures, location, and description.

http://www.mikey.net/aue/floridawrecks.html

I've dove both the Bayronto and Fantastico a few times each and both are awesome dives. All the decent boats in the area are six-pack boats and it's a three hour run to either of them. I'm only pointing out it's six hours of boat riding for two hours of diving. If we take this route, I can help with the charters.

Is Oct late enough to consider a Manatee BBQ?Boats are available a Bird's I believe and a big pontoon boat can hold close to 20 divers.Lodging is under $60 next door.Or would that be a better idea for the Texas meets Florida social?

My suggestion is to move around the state, we did Venice in the southwest, then Gainsville in the central north, logically south is the next gettogether, would love to do texas/florida roundup when they invade, er I mean visit us..

Soooo... therefore my vote is Palm Beach or Ft Lauderdale Oct 25-26.

Aren't they a protected species? Or just chewy unless grilled lightly?
Hmmm I would love to see a Manatee Dive/Snorkel at BU!
My wife will be getting her cert at Rainbow river Oct 4,5.
If we did the Manatee dive at King's Bay, she could get her first experience as a certified diver with something fatter than her husband floating in the water. (OOPS DID I SAY THAT?!) darn outside voice again. "Honey what's with the grey wetsuit and the unifins?" OOPS, Hi there Mr. Manatee!
My son and I went there this past year, but couldn't get close to the springs as we didn't have a boat.

Palm Beach sounds good. Havn't done much diving there, plus it's a shorter drive than Fort Myers or Gainsville. Not sure about my weekend schedule in October but will likely be able to dive any weekend this month.

I've got Oct 4-5 and 18-19 off without having to swap out with someone at work. I had a great time in Boynton Beach when I was there last month, so I'm up for something south again. Manatee BBQ also sounds tasty! Basically, I'd dive in a mud puddle just to get wet....

Anywhere from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach sounds great. Wendy, you mentioned having dove with parrotislandscuba.com .

Regarding Manattee BBQ, do they taste like chicken? ;D
Maybe they taste like cow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom