Nice Article!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a pretty good article.

Diving to keep RP tourism afloat - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

:D Advertising our PARADISE is always a good thing. :D

Tell me BabyD why you think it's good to be associated with someone who is widely known to be unethical?

I can already see this shaping up to be another thread, complete with references about Dave Allen and ****************** Thanks for bringing it back to forefront.

Everyone notice that his website (that I typed above) which is featured in the article that you posted the link for doesn't show here? (because it's mention is banned on scubaboard)

Dave can cry all he want's about how he's just misunderstood, and maligned and picked upon. It doesn't work that way and you know it as well as the rest of us. I truly don't understand why you want to associate with this guy.

Last edited:
Please can you post urls regarding this guy;

I think that I had contact with him ealier this year; he makes himself out as an important/influential guy. I also understand that Divernet and other forums have had problems with him and some employed by him.

Are we talking about the same person????

Cheers

WWD

OK - now checked the website and it is same guy.

Not sure about his background, but really would like you to post some links re his background/issues so as we are all warned here.

Thanks.

WWD

OK - now checked the website and it is same guy.

Not sure about his background, but really would like you to post some links re his background/issues so as we are all warned here.

Thanks.

WWD

Here's the link to the thread here on scubaboard. This was all very thoroughly hashed out several months ago.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph.../221359-other-philippine-paradise-divers.html

Theres not much pertinent information on the first few pages. I asked what people thought about the "other" PPD and got almost no reaction. A discussion ensued about "korean divers" .... can you believe that happening here :wink:

Then I ran across more information by accident and posted about that which set off a bunch of people. Somewhere along the line, I posted additional links. Lot's of talk.

Frankly I guess, I'm just tired. Nothing ever really happened before. I ended up feeling that it was nothing but wasted effort :shakehead:

Anyone who wants to know can read the original thread. My position is there in the original thread. Any questions, PM me I'm finished with this subject, unless someone starts another new thread.... then I'll refer them to the original thread again :)

I was just pointing out the article......
No one is associating themselves with anyone. Relax dude.
I am not one to bash folks or anything like that. I found the article, wrote the link on the board and that is the end of it. People make of it what they want. I am always looking for articles about the Philippines and our SCUBA diving industry. Have another egg nog, relax and just read the article (or not). I am a peace loving kinda guy.

I was just pointing out the article......
No one is associating themselves with anyone. Relax dude.
I am not one to bash folks or anything like that. I found the article, wrote the link on the board and that is the end of it. People make of it what they want. I am always looking for articles about the Philippines and our SCUBA diving industry. Have another egg nog, relax and just read the article (or not). I am a peace loving kinda guy.

They could have just as easily interviewed you who I'm sure has more knowledge about Philippine diving in your little finger than Dave has in his entire body :) If that had been the case, I would have applauded the article.

Many of us want to promote diving in the Philippines. We want to share what a great thing we've found there. We do that in different ways. I think your reef project is a great thing and I believe you are making a very real contribution to diving in the Philippines. You have your business that you're working on starting up there, but I've seen that your not just about promoting yourself and that you are always ready to offer advice and help people. That's a good thing.

I write my trip reports (some or better than others :eyebrow:) I re-post those to other boards reaching a wider audience. I'm posting on another board now where mention of the Philippines was almost non-existent. A much smaller board than scubaboard. They've started a new sub-topic forum just for the Philippines since I started posting there. Now people there (mostly in the US) are talking about the Philippines as a place they would like to visit :)

There is no doubt that we agree more than we disagree :)

Having said all this, I'm afraid we will not agree on the issue before us here. It's not bashing when you are simply putting out the facts and letting the chips fall where they may.

If you belive that what he's doing is okay and want to continue posting on his forum then that is your choice. I would not tell you what to do... it's up to you.

However there is no denying that you know that he is banned here. There are other articles out there about diving in the Philippines also that do not feature people who are banned from this and other forums. You knew this before you posted the link to articles that make Dave sound like his primary interest is promoting Philippine diving. Really good and "free" publicity for Dave, wouldn't you say? Surely you understand how this process works?

As long as Dave continues to engage in the practices for which he is famous (in some circles), then there will be other people (notice in this thread that I was not the first or only) that will speak up and say, "hey, there are other things you should know about this guy".

I'm a peace loving guy also. I'd be very happy if Dave would quit bs'ing everyone. Then I could sit back and enjoy my egg nog :wink:

Best wishes to you and your family during the holidays. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all a Happy (and prosperous) New Year :)

Okay....I understand. You are on target. You guys have a great holiday too. I gotcha!

Dear Bill

My wife and I thank you for you posts with links which show Dave and xxxx.net are scoundrels. Not only this, your links give important information to photographers wanting to protect their work from thieves who steal copyrighted images (namely xxxx.net).

Point here is that the PI's can do without this clown promoting the PI's as the worldwide dive community now knows him/his 'publication' as a scam as he/they are disrespected by everyone.

Thanks again for highlighting this.

Happy New Year

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom