Nice find.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Celt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I found this lamp close to the Bosun,s locker on an unidentified wreck 15 miles southwest of Hook lighthouse in 220 feet. Made by RC Murray & Co. Glasgow. Sometime between 1886 and 1910 Murray,s moved from Carlton Court Bridge St. to Pollokshaws Rd. So this lamp and wreck is post 1910. when sunk. Most likely WW1.

Attachments

• 20220805_125420.jpg
    20220805_125420.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220805_111920.jpg
    20220805_111920.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 86
Doesn't seem to be a mast light. Was it on the stern area of the wreck? Electric or kerosene?

Starboard lamp burning kerosene.
Didn't see the green tinge the first look. Next time you hit the site look for a capstan cover or locate the mast which should have a bell nearby.

Does the wreck have any structure left to it?

Didn't see the green tinge the first look. Next time you hit the site look for a capstan cover or locate the mast which should have a bell nearby.

Does the wreck have any structure left to it?
She's well broke up, with some structure at the bow and stern. Been worked on by salvage operators. The lamp was just thrown on the sand just off the wreck, a right stroke of luck. Lovely condition, glass still perfect. When conditions and vis are good I'll swim along the outside of wrecks in the debris. I found the SS Castlehill bell the same way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom