Diving and Fun Memorial Day Weekend (Myrtle Beach, SC)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckGoddess

Registered
Reaction score
Join local singles and divers for fun and diving in Myrtle Beach on Memorial Day Weekend!
(Friday, May 26th-Monday, May 29th)

For divers: 4 days of diving & 3 nights at Ocean Reef Resort (4/room)(does not include tanks/air/nitrox fills) = $442.00

For non-divers: 3 nights stay at Ocean Reef Resort (4/room) = $160.00

Ocean Reef Resort: Oceanview rooms just minutes from great attractions, amusements, entertainment, the world famous Grand Strand golf and all the Grand Strand has to offer. Check out their website @ http://www.mbmartinique.com/

Non-Divers: Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach has every attraction imaginable from Horsebackriding, Surfing, Windsurfing, Amusement Parks, Aquariums, Great Beaches, to Shopping. So while some of us are out diving -- go enjoy yourself and then meet back up with us for dinner and outings to the clubs, shows and amusement park!

Divers: Go with Dolphin Dive Charters on the of the FASTEST, LARGEST, Dive boats you’ve ever seen! Check out their website @ http://www.dolphindivecharter.com/

Saturday: Hebe/H.M.S. St. Cathan: (2 dives) Also known as twin wrecks, the Hebe, a Dutch freighter and British sub chaser St. Cathan collided in 1942. They now lie in 90-110 ft of water 42 miles off our coast and 1/4 mile apart. Both ships hold a vast amount of marine life and numerous artifacts. Visibility often approaching and exceeding 100 ft these are two of our most favorite dive sites.
Sunday: BP-25: (2/3 dives) Sunk as part of the South Carolina artificial reef program in 1985, this 180 ft British Petroleum oil tanker has a interesting past. From a working tanker, to drug runner and then artificial reef, the BP-25's mysterious past continues. For after she was sunk her entire bridge was suddenly removed without a trace. However since she has come to rest on the sea floor in 90 ft of water she has become covered in marine life, and is really an oasis in the dessert 34 miles offshore where she lies.
Monday: Governor: (2 dives) An unidentified civil war side wheel steamer, the Governor is a "diggers delight", and yields a bounty of brass artifacts. Civil war belt buckles, rifles, cannon balls, and various other artifacts have been recovered from this wreck on a regular basis. The Governor is 22 miles of our coast and lies in 80 ft of water.

I think there will be two groups carpooling – one group leaving around noon on Friday, May 26th. The other group will be leaving after work on Friday May 26th. We will return the evening of Monday, May 29th.

If you are interested -- make sure to let me know and I will forward you the official invite. Hope you can come!

Happy Diving!
~Vanessa

lol... come on.. I know there is no diving in Dewey! :)
Have a good time too..

Looks like a great trip, but our group is doing Nag's Head that weekend.

Have fun!

herman:
Is that YOU O-ring?????? The O-ring of old??? Where on earth have you been?
Hey Herman! How the heck are you? Long time no see.. We should coordinate a Rawlings campout...haven't seen you guys in forever.

well as a side note.. I'm trying to set up a Rawlings campout on June 10th with some of the divers here.. ya'll guys interested?

I'll bring the beer.

Hummm, I may just can make the 10th, got to check the calender. I have been wanting to get to Rawling around that time.
Come check out the NC board. We have a very active group of local (NC/VA/SC) divers. You can just about always find a good buddy to dive anywhere any time. Lot of tech divers for you O-ring. www.ncdivers.com

I might be able to make the 10th as well. We are in Morehead June 14-17, but the 10th should be wide open provided I get everything mixed, loaded, etc. etc. for the Morehead trip ahead of time (yeah...right).. :)

ncdivers.com?? Oh no, not another board! I can't deal with this many boards!

hey guys... can you send me your e-mail addresses... SCWildfire@aol.com

I'll send you the evite for the Rawlings campout and Herman.. maybe you can pass it around the NC community.. The more divers the better..

tech diving.. *long sigh* ... one day...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom