Night Diving in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A sample factor of 1 is hard to assess. I’ve been on a lot of night shore dives in coz and usually don’t see them but I did on one last month. Very annoying especially if trying to take video. You probably won’t have them on a boat reef dive.
Thanks for the info. Yes, a sample of 1 is basically worthless, which is why I want to try a couple more times.

A sample factor of 1 is hard to assess. I’ve been on a lot of night shore dives in coz and usually don’t see them but I did on one last month. Very annoying especially if trying to take video. You probably won’t have them on a boat reef dive.
You might at night; I have. At least if that's what we are talking about, though they seemed more like tiny shrimp to me. Whatever they are, they swarmed around my light swimming really fast.

You might at night; I have. At least if that's what we are talking about, though they seemed more like tiny shrimp to me. Whatever they are, they swarmed around my light swimming really fast.
Yeah, I'm sure we're talking about the same creature. Ugh! Anyway, I'll not be participating here anymore, but I really appreciate your information.

What I'm talking about look like squiggly worms, an inch or two long, that come towards the light and nearby. They will disintegrate if you swipe through the water near them.

It seems as if those squiggly worms connect to each other as well. The way they disintegrate is kind of yucky and creepy. I really dislike them on a night dive.

However, there's something wonderful about surfacing after a night dive and looking up at a ga-zilllion stars, while floating in the relative dark. One of the best kodak minutes stored in my mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom