Night/shore diving Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRich

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I hope to be doing several night shore dives at Scuba Club Cozumel.

Has anyone ever had a problem securing tanks for a night shore dive here?

They sent a packet that stated tanks must be returned by 5:30pm.:confused:

Have any of you had a problem with this? Or is this one of those written rules but not enforced?

Thanks,

Our dive op (Del Mar Aquatics in front of Case Del Mar) never had any issue. They just give you how ever many tanks you want and you bring them back the next day.

That's odd. We've been staying at SCC for years. The dive shop closes at 6:00PM, so you have to grab tanks before closing. There is no "returning" tanks; you just leave the empties next to the dive shop or lower lockers when you are through.

Just check your tanks out before 5:30 store them in your locker(bring a lock) leave the empties
by the shower.We stored six at one time for a night dive.Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to be doing several night shore dives at Scuba Club Cozumel.

Has anyone ever had a problem securing tanks for a night shore dive here?

They sent a packet that stated tanks must be returned by 5:30pm.:confused:

Have any of you had a problem with this? Or is this one of those written rules but not enforced?

Thanks,

I think they must have made a mistake when typing up the information. I was just there last week. They want you to CHECK OUT your tanks by 5:30 PM...6PM at the absolute latest...because they close up shop.

You just sign them out on a piece of paper with the tank number. VERY informal.
Put them in your locker and you are done. Lockers are right there next to where you grab the tanks. Plenty of tanks are made available each day.

They were even nice enough to let Pelagicsal and Leslief borrow air tanks and weights for our drift dive from the light house and they were not even guests at the hotel.

If you forget your lock...they sell them for $5.00 at the dive shop across the street. But they are more of a pain because they are the type that comes with a key!

Hope that helps,
Mary

Thanks everyone, I was very concerned about this. The instructions they sent stated under unlimited beach diving... "This is included in your package. Tanks may be checked out one at a time per person ONLY during the dive center hours 8am - 5:30pm. Tanks must be returned the same day they were checked out, used or not."

But you say there is no problem, So, Cool! Thank you all again!:grinbandit:

Thanks everyone, I was very concerned about this. The instructions they sent stated under unlimited beach diving... "This is included in your package. Tanks may be checked out one at a time per person ONLY during the dive center hours 8am - 5:30pm. Tanks must be returned the same day they were checked out, used or not."

But you say there is no problem, So, Cool! Thank you all again!:grinbandit:

Translation: "You need to get your tanks while the dive shop is open. Don't take more than your are going to use and don't keep tanks more than a day."

Translation: "You need to get your tanks while the dive shop is open. Don't take more than your are going to use and don't keep tanks more than a day."
You are SPOT ON with the translation.

the drift dive from the light house was excellent! i never saw so many octopus!

I can't imagine how I will deal with speaking spanish, If I need the english instructions translated!:D:lotsalove:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom