Nikonos V... Where do I go from here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the Nex system looked quite compact, and if the lenses fit that works for me. But if I am beating a dead horse, I need to get a new horse.
If it is better to go with the NEx and the adapter to keep my wide angle, zoom, and macro setup I would like that, but I do not want to throw $500 down the drain if I really need to upgrade.
I just don't understand how I am going to get the kind of pictures I am used to shooting without having a lenses that I can manually focus and bracket my f Stop on each shot. Especially on the macro set up, where you use the Nikonos macro frame to set the distance to the shot, and shoot blind.

I have a large rechargeable Ikelite Strobe and full platform.
So... I don't need a whole system I am guessing???.

With the photos I take, mostly being macro shots, corals, sea life etc.

---------- Post added June 25th, 2013 at 04:04 PM ----------

GoPro Hero 3???

We have heard from some of the best shooters, that the Nex system with the Nikonos V is quite awesome....and it is well known that the wide angle lens from the Nikonos V was one of the best underwater lens of all time....

Great optics is a huge big deal...the small size of the nex is a value as well...My wife Sandra use a Nikonos V and an RS for many years, finally switched to a Canon 5d mark II in Sea & Sea housing with strobes...but the weight when you have to hand the camera up to the crew on the platform of a boat would be too much for many women--or would be potentially injury producing in the long run...fortunately Sandra used to be a body builder, and is pretty strong still, but this in no way prevents her from whining to me now about how hard it is to lift the camera up :)

Not to mention the long walks from the parking lot to the BHB for macro dives.....the camera gets very heavy on these long walks!!!
Sandra's stuff is on www.facebook.com/WILD.DIVING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom