Nikonos V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..I still have 2 of my nik V's here ,complete with 15mm lens ,ike strobes..never will part with them, but have not used them in 4 years. Who knows,maybe someone will come up with a magic gizmo that replaces the rear door of the nik v and that would turn it into digital.I feel that you can still get better results with them than my digitals,but it is soo close that it is difficult to compare.Problem is cost of film and developing.For what it cost to go on a trip and shoot up/develop 10 rolls of film I could almost buy a new digital camera.Plus again,you have the instant gratification thing going on too with digital.

So many great lenses, it's a shame they are not used much. Maybe there is a way:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/un...34572-olympus-ep-1-camera-nikonos-lenses.html

Frequently Asked Questions

Flickr: PiratePro Nikonos Lens Compatible Housings' Photostream

I have been following this effort, it's obviously a startup following a dream. But a great concept. Anybody follow this?

Last edited:
it is a shame as you all say about the good Nikonos/15mm lens and a subsea strobe,,,,what a combo,,,i used the 3 i had set up like that for many years ,,,,then along came a divorce and had to sell them all and leave the country back in 1980 and have been on the run every since,,,i am now heading for Costa Rica,,,

captbill

I last used mine in 1994 off the coast of CA as well and believe it or not all I only have a little acid build up on the SB too. I did go on EBay about 2 yrs ago and seen the V w/gear go for about 100 to 300. Long story short - I still have it. It makes a good communication peace.

Well, today, I got a package in my hot little hands and I now have my very own Nikonos V. I'm going to take it out to the tide pools nearby this weekend to give it its first dunking (after checking everything out, of course!).

Yo deirdre, how's that NV working out for you. I'm heading for the the Philippines with my MV and a housed D-70 in two weeks :)!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom