Ningaloo Reef 19 June 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last week I figured why not take two days off instead of just one so I went out for some dives with a couple of friends on Friday after going out on the Whale Shark Adventure Thursday.

The conditions were not stellar. Massive surge moving you ten feet or more from side to side, swirly sand storms and tons of floatie sparkly food in the water meant shooting was tough again. As soon as you actually got nice and close, a swell would come through and toss you away from your subject. Ahh, I love those days!

But here are some shots that I liked for whatever reason :)
01 - hawkfish perched on staghorn coral
IMG_1907.jpg

02 - juvenile humpheaded wrasse...you wouldn't imagine that this guy grows up to be big and really dark with a huge bump on his forehead!
IMG_1891.jpg

03 - all of the anemonefish were tucked in tight
IMG_1918.jpg

04 - this nudibranch was feeding on the stinging hydroids
IMG_1939.jpg

05 - female white tip reef shark buzzing me repeatedly, too bad she was kicking up sand all over the place and that I was trapped against another ledge!
IMG_1928.jpg

06 - my favourite of the more than 16 turtles I saw on this dive. He was hanging vertically off the edge of the reef, flipper hooked over a sea fan the only thing holding him on.
IMG_1924.jpg

Canon 40D, Canon 60mm macro, Subal housing & port, 2 x Inon strobes

And just coz ... Stumpy the whale shark from Thursday
IMG_1866.jpg

Canon 40D, Sigma 17-70 macro, Subal housing & dome port

Very pretty.

Oh, that juvenile is really cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom