nitek duo windows 7 64 bit sucess

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a post for anybody that has been waiting for dive rite to get a working program interface for the nitek duo or trio on windows 7 64 bit OS. I had talked to the dive rite reps several times and they are working with seiko to get driver support for 64 bit systems. I got sick of waiting and successfully installed and downloaded my nitek duo. The catch is that this will only work if you have windows 7 professional version or higher, home premium wont work.
In order for this to work you need to install windows xp mode. Google windows xp mode to find download site and installation instructions. Next download NiTek Dive Log 2000_XP.zip from the download section on the left side of the product page for the nitek trio, this will work for both nitek duo and trio. After this has downloaded you need to unzip the file. Next open xp mode cut and paste the unzipped file and proceed to install the correct program for your particular model. Be sure that you can successfully open the program before you proceed to the next part
Now is the part that was difficult to figure out. At the top of the xp mode window there is a tab that says usb click on the button and a drop down list will appear click on attach serial controller and it will install the drivers for the down-loader clip. Now you should be able to download you dives.
Hope this helps some people out until the new software is released. Also if someone knows a better/easier way to do this. Please post!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom