Nitek Trio Temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dan_w

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Nitek Trio that I have owned for 3 or 4 months. When reading the dive log on the computer I always get a warmer temperature than I am expecting. I have been told that the readout is an average of the temperatures but the manual says (page 36-37) that it displays the coldest temperature reached during the dive. On a dive yesterday the max depth was 69ft. Back on the surface my computer says the temp was 76 F but my buddy's thermometer was reading 44 F. What gives?

I also own a nitek trio and have seen discrepancies with the air temp displayed and a standalone thermometer. additionally twice i've experienced the trio NOT going into dive mode for the first dive of the day but worked nominally in all subsequent dives for the day. i'm beginnnig to lose confidence in this device.

I am pretty sure it is an average temp (unfortunately).

Back
Top Bottom