Nitrox fill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andydiver06

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
1. Can I fill Nitrox in a brand new Luxfer S080 Al tank ?
2. What is the Nitrox compatible valve for the above tank.
3. The tank comes with valve separately. Can anyone advice in proper method of fitting the Yoke type tank valve.
4. What does it mean by Parallel 0.750 inch (3/4) NGS
I under stand that 14 TPI is threading 14 turns per inch.
5. What are the essential spares for the tank valve. O ring ( O2 compatible, O2 Compatible lube, Burst Disk ????????) We do not have repair facility nearby.

1) Yes, if the label is GREEN and indicates so. No, if the label is RED and indicates you cannot.
2) Any once it is O2 cleaned and preped
3) screw it in?
4) it's the threads
5) several O rings and a very small container of Christ O Lube

I wonder by the line of questions, Are you already EANx certified?

Ken

Yes I'm EANx certified . I'm taking about brand new tanks , Green labels/ decals are bought separetly.

If you are using nitrox, you need to make sure that you have Vyton o-rings for your valve and not just the regular rubber. The vyton are brown or tan instead of black.
Also, if your tank came without the valve in it, it has to be O2 cleaned before you put the valve in and nitrox fill it. Skip this and bad things could happen.

We are thinking of a Semi-permeable system so question of high O2 concentration as may be the case of Partial presure blending does not arise. The valves we are ordering are nitrox compatible. As I have never fitted a valve before I asked the above questions. I will surely order some Vyton O Rings as you mentioned. I'm also going through the Luxfer Manuals to get guidelines.

If the tank does not come with the valve fitted, you still need to O2 clean the tank to ensure no particulates entered the tank. Higher O2 concentrations mixed with the friction of filling a tank, combined with infiltrates can cause a bad reaction. Better to be safe than sorry.

The Max O2 Concentration is 38 as delivered by AArganox or Nuvair system. Import laws says that a tank with valve fitted cannot be imported. Third there is no O2 cleaning facility in India for scuba tanks. What do I do in that situation ?

andydiver06:
The Max O2 Concentration is 38 as delivered by AArganox or Nuvair system. Import laws says that a tank with valve fitted cannot be imported. Third there is no O2 cleaning facility in India for scuba tanks. What do I do in that situation ?

Take a course for O2 cleaning and make a business in India...:wink:

Thats a good Idea but the Ultrasound rig itself is very expensive A 4.5 litre unit costs 900 US landed + Transportation charges. If the business here reallly picks up then its worthwhile as Tank O2 cleaning Charges are about 26 US. Right now threre not a single Nitrox Facility in India.

I downloaded a Luxfer Visual Tank Inspection Guide in PDF format from Scubaengineer.com . It says do not fill EANX in Luxfer tanks before O2 clean as Pure o2 fill during PP blending can cause explosion. I understand that but what about Premix fill or membrane setup ( <40% O2) . It should be safe when the valve is nitrox compatible. I would never fill Nitrox in Air tanks even with membrane systems.

Back
Top Bottom