Nitrox in car tires?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCrecdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A slightly weird, I hope not stupid, question but here it goes... I have a 13 cf tank I only plan to use to soak regulator pressurized after a dive.
I now got me one if these adaptors that can be connected to the inflator hose to inflate car tires.
Since I dive nitrox, my pony will be partially filled with nitrox using a transfer whip from my main tanks after a dive day is over.
So.... Anything to consider before I partially filly car tires with 32% Nitrox next time I need to top them of?

This (in ScubaBoard fashion) a opens a whole different dialogue, but why are you using nitrox in a pony?
The tank is not used as a pony. As it will be topped off from my main tanks after a dive, there will be nitrox in there.

Just pay the couple bucks once in a blue moon, and get it filled (air) when it needs it. It shouldn't be often unless you have leaky regs or a leaky tire. Both should be fixed, and not be allowed to continually leak... Heck, the shops around me actually fill pony bottles for free because they appreciate the safety factor of divers using them...

With a pony, the true drawback is the annual vip and 5-year hydro cost... it is like paying for insurance...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom