Nitrox Mix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going diving this weekend. I currently have 2 120 tanks filled with 40% Nitrox, and am not anticipating going any deeper than 40 MAYBE 50 feet deep. Is there any concerns I need to be aware of while using this rich of mixture?

According to PADI Enriched Air Diver Manual P.86,

The Maximum Depth for EAN40 (calculated for 1.4 ata) is calculated as (46.2/0.40)-33 = 82.5 fsw.

If you have to ask then you should not dive it. Might not be what you want to hear but better than being dead.

If you have to ask then you should not dive it. Might not be what you want to hear but better than being dead.

Thanks for being candid Kevin (seriously, thanks). But yeah it has been awhile since I have dove with Nitrox and am not as well versed with it as I should be there for I asked. I gotta re-read my nitrox book and tables again.

Thanks for being candid Kevin (seriously, thanks). But yeah it has been awhile since I have dove with Nitrox and am not as well versed with it as I should be there for I asked. I gotta re-read my nitrox book and tables again.

Your welcome. You need to, there is more to it than what someone else posted.

According to PADI Enriched Air Diver Manual P.86,

The Maximum Depth for EAN40 (calculated for 1.4 ata) is calculated as (46.2/0.40)-33 = 82.5 fsw.
in metric, no need to have a manual
((1.4 / 0.4) - 1 )*10 = 25 m

CNS/OTU's - levels of 02 exposure would be the first things i would think about on these mixes.

And that could sneak up and bite you faster than you think.

I am going diving this weekend. I currently have 2 120 tanks filled with 40% Nitrox, and am not anticipating going any deeper than 40 MAYBE 50 feet deep. Is there any concerns I need to be aware of while using this rich of mixture?

Ok, not to be too much of a smart alec but having ANDI Nitrox, according to your card. I believe you are only certified for 32 and 36%, at least the last card I saw said that. Actually, you should be fine with 40% at 40 feet. The MOD formula is this. MOD = { (Max PPO2 * 33) / FO2 } - 33
Get on moose for not explaining it better.

He asked because he wanted to cover himself in every possible way.

He got some great answers, the mix is safe at the intended depth of the dive, I don't see why just having the need to ask the question prohibits him from using the gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom