Nitrox on BC Ferries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how are we suppose to get to a dive site by boat and dive nitrox????? Do we have to mix it on site??? Or maybe in the water so were not moving around on the boat and breaking the law.
I have spoken to the guy responsible for marine safety at transport Canada about this and he says as the regulation is written right now yes it is illegal to tranport nitrox even on a dive charter boat. It is however legal to produce this nitrox on the boat as long as you aren't moving:shakehead:
He is looking into removing nitrox from the UN# 3156 classification and listing it as something more benign.

And EAN 100 is ????? :confused:

If it were that big of a deal BC Ferries would make more of an effort to police it other than the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy they have now.
I was just talking to someone else who was refused passage in BC ferries for carrying nitrox. The terminals all have O2 analyzers and they are enforcing the regs. I have not heard back from the Transport Canada guy I talked to before. I think I will follow up on that.
In the mean time I won't be putting any dive stickers on my new truck. It does have tinted windows on the canopy as well.

I was just talking to someone else who was refused passage in BC ferries for carrying nitrox. The terminals all have O2 analyzers and they are enforcing the regs. I have not heard back from the Transport Canada guy I talked to before. I think I will follow up on that.
In the mean time I won't be putting any dive stickers on my new truck. It does have tinted windows on the canopy as well.

Have you happened to ask them how they feel about trimix?? How about Argon?

I guess it's a good thing we're leaving out of Kitimat tomorrow and don't have to deal with the stupidity that is BC Ferries.

Discretion is always the best choice.

Have you happened to ask them how they feel about trimix?? How about Argon?
No it is just nitrox they seem to have a problem with. Although I would like to put some 10/60 in a tank with a big bumper sticker and watch their face when the numbers drop instead of rise :lotsalove:

No it is just nitrox they seem to have a problem with. Although I would like to put some 10/60 in a tank with a big bumper sticker and watch their face when the numbers drop instead of rise :lotsalove:

LOL that is funny

Hmm...heading to the Island next weekend..note to self..*bring blankets* *no stickers* *hide gear* *put 100% 02 on seat next to me to avert attention*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom