Nitrox: Padi or ssi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cathouse

Registered
Reaction score
I live in a rural area. I'm a PADI certified diver. I would like to take the Nitrox class, but my PADI instructor cannot do it for while. There is a course available immediately via SSI. Does it matter which organization I take Nitrox through?

Just to use for Nitrox diving? No it really doesn't matter in which one. Either is accepted. The important thing is to find an instructor who is willing to thoroughly explain the materials, especially if you have any questions about it. It is generally all classroom work.

Nope, the laws of physics and physiology apply equally to both.

the k

For what it's worth, I prefer the SSI tables but otherwise there is no real difference.

Thanks for the replies. This may be a stupid question, but does it affect my ability to get my tanks refilled? Ex: If I'm SSI certified and go to a LDS that is PADI, will they fill them? Any other considerations I need to think of for this cert?

I have certs from 4 different agencies. Nobody cares which one came from where as long as you got 'em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom