Nitrox question and PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think not

No, Nitrox is a seperate cert. You can take it from any agency.

you can also do it in conjunction with AOW. Many shops will try to talk you into AOW first but if that happens go with another shop or agency. I'm PADI certed but I'm also tired of seeing people spend money when they do not have to. It's why I'll be going with someone else for tech training.

NO, but most use it as one of their AOW requirements, it is the only cert that you can do in conjunction with another skill...see ya` under

It's not required but you'll make better use of the Nitrox on dives deeper than 60' so it's a good combo class.

Rachel

No prior certification is required. However, good buoyancy skills and awareness and control of your depth IS required!! So please be sure you are a DIVER before you get your Nitrox cert and start diving with mixed breathing gases.

theskull

you can do Nitrox in conjunction with your OW course if you want. Like many of PADIs courses now, nitrox can be divided up into sub certifications so you can basically apply day by day training. There are some restrictions and limitations on the sub-courses.

Just got my EAN this summer and it's a blast. I would recommend it!! (but, as you've seen, it's not required.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom