NJ Scuba shop closing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Good morning all,

Due to my brothers sudden death, I have no choice but to liquidate his scuba shop stock over the next few months. Whitehouse Aquatic Center (424 Route Highway 22 West, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey 08889) He & his shop had entered the 25th year of providing quality instruction, sales, and service to Somerset, Hunterdon, Warren counties and NJ.
If you want to find out if we have something you are looking for (BC's, dive computers, regulators, snorkels, masks, fins, etc.) call 908-534-4090 during store hours.
Currently we are open on Tuesdays & Thursdays 4-8 PM & Saturdays 10 AM- 5 PM.
All stock is on sale for 15% off, except for a few consignment and a few already previously reduced items. Cash only, no refunds, no exchanges. He only carried quality brands such as Scuba Pro, Oceanic, Ikelite, and Deep See. Take a ride and check us out!
If you know a diver, please pass this on!
Gene O's sister,
Bernadette

Wow another one gone....this sucks one less dive shop in Jersey. Sorry about your brother. Yould post this on wreckvalley.com
Paule

I am sorry about your brother. Does the shop carry Zeagle?

Sorry to hear of the loss. Difficult times I am sure.

For folks who might want some thing here is a link to their website:

Whitehouse Aquatic Center

They look to be a brick and mortar type shop and given that it is the owner's sister who is try her best to help out posting questions or PM will likely not be replied to. So my guess would be to stop in or call as she has noted.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Definitely no Zeagle. I did not realize people would post directly here over a private message. Either works- just slower than I would like my response to be due to my juggling MY personal life- his personal, business, and property that needs to be taken care of.
The e-mail on the Whitehsoue Aquatic website another poster posted for me might be the best way to ask a question or yes for the fastest response- call the shop during posted hours-
I could not post that link myself since you have to have 5 posts before you can post any links. A moderator has been kind enough to offer to post the obituary link and picasa link for pictures where you guys post notices of divers passings...
I am not a diver, but I do know the difference between a regulator and a dive computer. <grin>
I am blessed that two men who have been a deeply valued part of my brothers life and the shop for eons are helping me dissolve my brothers life long labor of love.
Exactly what we might have vintage double regulator wise- I have to ask the guys- since we have gone thru so much stuff & memories- I'm lucky I remember my name.
Thank you all for your kind words in private messages.
Bernadette

Hi,

Yep, I have been walking right next to one hanging in the back of the shop.

I meant to take a pic with my cell phone, but got distracted. I will bring my digital to the shop & take a picture Thursday-
We have one that is Scuba Pro- but it is in a box in pieces- but as a collector (of different things) I know you might still be interested...

A second one is not Scuba Pro...
Definitely more vintage looking than the Scuba Pro one- forgot the Brand..Health something...
It is missing one hose, but I was told those hoses are available on e-bay...

Send me an e-mail so I can send you the pics.

Bernadette

My sympathy to you and your family for your loss.

I'm very sad to hear this, Whitehorse did all our drysuit repairs and did a great job.

Back
Top Bottom