No AquaLung Forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am told that aqualung does have someone that spies on (reads) these forums.. .

There have been dealers that have posted something about Aqualung on Scubaboard that have gotten calls from Aqualung management or their legal team.

They are a very controlling, micro-managing, anti-consumer run business.

There have been dealers that have posted something about Aqualung on Scubaboard that have gotten calls from Aqualung management or their legal team.

That would be enough NOT to support them.

And if you were an executive with AL would YOU want a forum here after reading this thread?

I sure wouldn't.

TC:
And if you were an executive with AL would YOU want a forum here after reading this thread?

I sure wouldn't.

Heck yeah I would!

Who in their right mind would pass up a chance to control/shape the message about their own company, get direct feedback from their customers, and reach tens of thousands of customers who spend more than most on diving?

For FREE.....

Even if you couldn't see the benefit 5 years ago, you have to be as bright as a box of rocks not to see how well things have worked out for the brands that have asked for a forum.

That fact that they don't have a forum (or at least an official presence) does tell you something important about their management.

Many buy quality products from Aqualung, Suunto, Scubapro, Uwatec, and Atomic without them having a forum on Scubaboard. Their products stand on their own merit. If you don't like their marketing model, don't buy their products, it's simple. They're not the only ones.

Good diving, Craig

Go buy all your equipment from Leisurepro if that's what suits you, to each their own

Last edited:
Atomic doesn't have it's own forum, but they do have someone who contributes as a designated representative of Atomic.

Aqualung/Suunto and ScubaPro/Uwatec the only 2 major companies that are AWOL.

Aqualung/Suunto and ScubaPro/Uwatec the only 2 major companies that are AWOL.

I'm new to diving and have been looking for gear and found this forum. I have no idea which company is good or not and this section has help a lot. I've heard good things about both Aqualung and Scubapro but was wondering why they didn't have a sub-forum here.

I can understand why a company wouldn't want an official forum (or sub-forum) but I think they have far more to gain with a presence than w/o.

mike_s:

If this is true, I would definitely not buy their product no matter how good it is.

I don't think Aqualung or Scubapro make bad products. I've used products from each (but don't anymore). I do think that they're more worried about selling product to their dealer networks than they are with making sure that customers have a good experience.

The missing 2 (AL and SP) have huge dealer networks, and they get pressure from their dealers to fight the evils of the internet and keep things like they were 15 years ago. Having an official online presence would undercut the dealer pressure to keep local dealers as the only way a customer can get information, receive service, or buy product. Dealers just don't want to compete with each other on selection, service, or price.

From a customers perspective, you're stuck with whatever dealer happens to be in your local area. They might be great (many are) or they might suck monkey toes (many do). SP/AL are more concerned with happy dealers than happy divers so they try not to give customers alternatives if their dealer happens to suck.

If this is true, I would definitely not buy their product no matter how good it is.

One of the more revealing threads about Aqualung, the "Terminated Relationship with Aqua Lung America......" thread was deleted after Aqualung and their legal group interjected with SB management.

The post was deleted....

but other threads about Aqualung and how they manipulate the dealers and consumers.

see http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/141594-aqualung-discussion-moved.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/230320-aqualung-gray-markets-fyi.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/272974-aqualungs-war-online-consumers.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/173006-aqualungs-stance-e-commerce.html

plus many others.....

Back
Top Bottom