$$ no matter... what reg would you buy today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks ATX 200.

Dolphin - I would recommend Apex - given that - what kind of diving do you plan to do in the future? I know the Apex ATX200 is the latest and greatest (really light, low profile) - but do you really need to spend that kind of money?

I own an Apex TX50 (TX40 Octo) - and am very happy with it - couldn't think of any recreational dive opportunity where I would want 'more' in a reg - and it is a highly respected tec reg, nitrox compatible and good for cold water diving.

See if you can try the other Apeks Regs (40, 50,100) in a pool - I doubt you'll be able to detect much of a 'breathing' difference - than determine how much you want to spend. (Of course leaving additional money for more toys later! <S>)

-Jim

Are you buying online or from your LDS? If your buying from your LDS, I would recommend buying the reg that is easiest for your shop to service. When I was looking for regs It came down to Oceanic and Scubapro. I went with the Oceanic because they can get parts for the reg the same day I bring it in. With the Scubapro if anything were to go wrong I would have to wait up to a month to get parts. Always so many things to consider when buying regs this is just another to keep in mind.

I have the Abyss and have no complaints at all with it. Would have no qualms about getting another.

Not that there is anything wrong with Apex, but seems that 90% of the members on this board use only Apex hehehe. You know there are other brands out there guys. :rofL:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom