No more 1CMOS Sony HDV camcorders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
At least in their consumer line.

Sonystyle only lists HDD/Solid State cameras now - all using AVCHD compression.

They do list the 3CMOS FX1000 HDV model. Equinox and Amphico house it - probably others...

Last edited:
No 1CMOS models anymore though...

Personally I found their 1CMOS camcorders like the HC-7 to be next to worthless in more murky, green water conditions although I've gotten good results in close-up shots and have seen good video from clearer tropical waters. Good riddance on the 1CMOS camcorders IMHO.

The key word in the title of my post being HDV. All the new sony HDD/SS media camcorders are still using 1CMOS sensors. The XR's have a new Exmor sensor - Sony claims it has better low-light performance.

The Exmore had better have better low light sensitivity. Or I'd better earn enough to get the EX-1, the Gates housing and pay someone to transport it to my dive sites!

Oh come on Bill, U've seen Bert and I lugging it around Catalina...I only have two hernias!!

Exmore is definitely an improvement in low light! But we are still waiting for a compact 3 chip HD camera, something along the lines of the TRV900/950. I keep hearing about the new Panasonic camera...

Yes Mike, but you guys are young and strong... I'm an old f*rt! I haven't tried a camcorder using AVCHD yet... I'm not sure my software can handle that scheme (but could upgrade of course).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom