No more butt ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatec, not to be DIR / DR critical.... :wink:

How is the sleeve attached to the BP? If there is an entanglement (i.e. line, kelp), would the diver be able to remove the sleeve to relieve the entanglement? I agree a little far fetched, but could happen...

I'm not sure, but since the bag or marker is an emergency device, I wouldn't want to lose it. So going down that thread, and again I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking metal clips. Not carabiners, but still metal which would be difficult and possibly time consuming to remove.

With the bag stowed in the pak or pocket, it's streamlined. Though part of the bag or leash is exposed, everything is still flat against the diver. As long as it's correctly packed and attached. :wink:

And another solution to the entanglement would be to pull out the knife!
Ken

...don't know why i didn't think of this earlier. I just attached a billy ring to my right hip between the canister light and the BP. I can attach my bag there or just roll it up, bungee it, and stow it attached to the ring in the space between the light and the bp.

It should work great with stages down the line because I can carry one on each side or two on the left side and one on the right so I am not lopsided..

O-ring once bubbled...
I just attached a billy ring to my right hip between the canister light and the BP. I can attach my bag there or just roll it up, bungee it, and stow it attached to the ring in the space between the light and the bp.
:giggle:
You crack me up O-ring.....

um.....

You were kidding... right?

You were kidding... right?

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of that :wink:

I was wondering why that ring was sticking straight out from your right side this past weekend... with the carabiner attached to keep a tab on your long hose.

Oh, BTW, nice job on unclipping yourself from the platform... I knew you'd get the hang of it sooner or later.

:D

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Anyway... we don't hang like flags on a line... we don't need to hang onto stuff like you guys do to ascend proper like :D

And as for a 2 knot current on a Florida wreck.... hah... you must not have read about my birthday dive:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7551

You warm water weenies have nooooo idea :D

Oh... btw... my scooter will beat your current any day... and the bag stays put till I pull it.

Okey dokey............

We don't normally do the flag routine either but occasionally it gets forced by boat configuration. Generally we shoot a bag and free ascend. Properly :)

I'll put my current against yours anytime. Against your scooter too. I've seen several occasions when a Gavin couldn't push through the current. Rare yes, but sometimes.

Hang on to that bag, it's in the wind :)

Tom

I had to get the camera out and I was packing up my gear for tomorrow so here's a pic of my Halcyon Big Dive Alert Marker leash...

And yes, I rigged it already and clipped it to my butt ring. I will try it again tomorrow, but if I look bad I am blaming you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom