No more Juliet after March 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am very bummed to hear this. I only discovered the Juliet last fall and had an absolutely fantastic time during my trip. Everyone involved with the operation was wonderful and IMO they struck just the right balance between comfort, cost and convenience (Miami departures are so much easier than flying to the Caribbean.) Oh well, now I absolutely have to make sure I book one more trip with them before they exit the business.

Special Announcement from Juliet Sailing and Diving

Juliet is on her way back to Miami after another successful winter season in the Turks and Caicos. We are looking forward to sailing the Bahamas again this spring and summer, but the anticipation is bittersweet. With a heavy heart I make this announcement. Juliet Sailing and Diving will not be conducting charters after March 4th, 2014. This will be our last year of operation.

The reasons behind this decision are personal. After 16 years in the dive charter business, it is time to move onto the next chapter of my life. It has been an exciting and rewarding career, but as you probably can imagine, the lifestyle requires sacrifices to be made in other aspects of life. Without being directly involved in the operation of Juliet, I can not guarantee the quality of service that you have come to expect from us. I take an immense amount of pride in the reputation that we have established and will not do anything to put that at risk by passing the company on to an outside party.

Yeah...I'm bummed too. I was planning a week on the Juliet in the early summer of 2014...the earliest feasible dates for me.

Is there any comparable boat still sailing out of Miami? I like the looks of the Spree, but they don't really offer the same kind of trip...

As far as I can tell the Juliet was one of a kind. If I were on my own I'd love to do a trip on the Spree but when going as a couple a private cabin is awfully nice to have.

Yeah...I'm bummed too. I was planning a week on the Juliet in the early summer of 2014...the earliest feasible dates for me.

Is there any comparable boat still sailing out of Miami? I like the looks of the Spree, but they don't really offer the same kind of trip...

As far as I can tell the Juliet was one of a kind. If I were on my own I'd love to do a trip on the Spree but when going as a couple a private cabin is awfully nice to have.

As a single diver, I prefer the Spree to Dry Tortuga vs. the Juliet to northern Bahamas. Better diving.

We had to install new doors and windows to meet standards for international voyages. All but one door are in. Look for a big announcement in the near future. We won't leave Dry Tortugas, but we will be adding Bahamas to our itinerary. We don't have the certificate yet, and you can't sell what you don't have.....

We had to install new doors and windows to meet standards for international voyages. All but one door are in. Look for a big announcement in the near future. We won't leave Dry Tortugas, but we will be adding Bahamas to our itinerary. We don't have the certificate yet, and you can't sell what you don't have.....

Captain Wasson -- I'll be interested to see your new offerings. Are you liable to be doing longer trips, like 6-7 days at a time? Having to spend two heavy traveling days to get in just 4 days of diving...even great diving...is a significant disincentive for me. Also, will you only be sailing out of Key West only? One of the significant attractions of the Juliet was not having to travel further than Miami...

I don't mean to press you for information, so no reply is necessary...I'll be watching for your future posts. Thanks!

Also, will you only be sailing out of Key West only? One of the significant attractions of the Juliet was not having to travel further than Miami...

Even better is West Palm Beach-the drive is shorter and the northern Bahamas are only 50 miles offshore, so it doesn't take a looong time to get there!

Even better is West Palm Beach-the drive is shorter and the northern Bahamas are only 50 miles offshore, so it doesn't take a looong time to get there!

What are you telling me here, H2OGal...? Is the Spree going to be sailing out of WPB? It looks like a pretty long drive from Miami International...

Token-
Not that I know of-- it is merely wishful thinking on my part-I usually drive to Florida and the further up the coast the shorter the drive, is all. You don't realize how long the state is until you cross from Georgia into Florida , think, "You're here!" and you realize you still have over 450 miles to go...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom