no more PADI dive insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe, but I'd guess that it was V & B that bailed out, financially-wise. They gave a $29 discount off their policy if you were a PADI member, which put them well below DAN's highest policy cost. My guess is that all PADI got were people who bought membership to get the policy (like me) at discount. If it were cost effective for V & B, they'd probably continue the deal, but if they had to raise premiums, there'd be no benefit to PADI to partner with them.

I wonder if V&B is going to continue to provide insurance without the PADI endorsement????? I always thought they were the better deal. I just renewed my V&B in Oct for casual diving! Do I hear refund!?!?!?!
Now I'm going to have to pay another $20 to PADI Diving Society for membership each year too!!! Kaching, Kaching goes PADI registers!

Many instructors (especially technical and cave), along with certain dive operators require students and/or divers to have dive insurance specifically - and as we've discussed elsewhere, the 80 bucks a year or so is worth it.

Ocean One:
I wonder if V&B is going to continue to provide insurance without the PADI endorsement????? I always thought they were the better deal. I just renewed my V&B in Oct for casual diving! Do I hear refund!?!?!?!
Now I'm going to have to pay another $20 to PADI Diving Society for membership each year too!!! Kaching, Kaching goes PADI registers!

Their website doesn't say anything about ending or cancelling policies, so they may continue offering policies, just without the PADI connection. If they do, I'll probably continue with them, but, oops, there goes my PADI membership. So... not so much kaching.

Neither site states anything abot discontinuing coverage?

amascuba:
PADI probably discontinued the product because it wasn't financially benificial for them in some way or another. :)
we all know what padi stands for.. they want money and they admit it..
Put Another Dollar In

I use Diveassure...Had a friend slip on a dive boat...still at the dock mind you and break her leg. Diveassure took care of everything, and I forget where they were in the world but somewhere quite remote. Hopefully I never have to find out first hand how good the service is.

Felon_Monk:
Put Another Dollar In

Never heard that one before:shakehead

Scotty

Felon_Monk:
Put Another Dollar In

Gosh, can you name some one in business who doesn't?

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom