No Night Diving in Coz??? Aaaaaaargh!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll second that!

I with went with Mago & Pedro @ Blue XT Sea ( http://www.bluextseadiving.com/ ) last week, and had some of the best dives ever!

Pedro did a great job of showing us cool stuff, and it was wonderful not being rushed out of the water, and Mago somehow piloted the boat around without getting me to feed the fish, since I was a little queasy that morning. Many thanks to both!

The coolest part was watching the big boats dump tons of people into the water. They would come flying by like they were running from Great Whites. We'd just watch as they hit, scaring everything off, then a couple of minutes after they were gone, everything would come out again. :cool:

If you think a drift dive is fast, you should see it when everybody is finning like mad. :cool:

I'd dive with them again in a heartbeat, and if I can figure out where to scrape up some more money, would love to go back for a few days this spring.

Terry

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Christi's (Blue XT Sea) DMs Javier and Pedro were both great and took things nice and slow. It's often just a fact of Cozumel diving that you can't linger for long because of the current, but when you can, they do.

We did a lot of the sites listed above and we did a night dive at Paradise. They accomodated any request in terms of sites, what we'd like to see, etc. Highly recommended.

Gdog:
hmmm..we were there Jan 7-14, did a night dive at Paradise, no problems.....

Alot has changed since this thread started in November and there have been several discussions of same since.

Paradise opened for night dives in mid-December, and is to this date, the only site permitted for night dives by the marine park.

Yucab, Tormentos and Chankanaab remain closed by the marine park (day and night), although a couple of ops have been diving them wihtout being "caught" yet. They either don't KNOW that they are closed, or they don't care. You as the customer would have no reason to know if there was or wasn't a problem, but that doesn't mean the rules are not in place.

I do suspect hat these sites will be opened back up soon.

Christi:
Alot has changed since this thread started in November and there have been several discussions of same since.

Paradise opened for night dives in mid-December, and is to this date, the only site permitted for night dives by the marine park.

Yucab, Tormentos and Chankanaab remain closed by the marine park (day and night), although a couple of ops have been diving them wihtout being "caught" yet. They either don't KNOW that they are closed, or they don't care. You as the customer would have no reason to know if there was or wasn't a problem, but that doesn't mean the rules are not in place.

I do suspect hat these sites will be opened back up soon.
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, we saw a group night diving the wall out behind Caribe Blu, and I have seen groups out there at night before. They were definitely out on the wall, too, not just on Villablanca Reef. What's it like out there at night, do you know?

We did several "twilight" dives in November when we were there - I think about four. I'm sure by now everything is cool.

ggunn:
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, we saw a group night diving the wall out behind Caribe Blu, and I have seen groups out there at night before. They were definitely out on the wall, too, not just on Villablanca Reef. What's it like out there at night, do you know?

Well, that is outside marine park boundaries...so isn't included in the marine park rules.

We've done a night dive at Villa Blanca, ask Jeff...haha! :wink:

Christi:
Well, that is outside marine park boundaries...so isn't included in the marine park rules.

We've done a night dive at Villa Blanca, ask Jeff...haha! :wink:

OK, but was it on the wall? I'd be a bit nervous doing a wall dive at night, I think.

ggunn:
OK, but was it on the wall? I'd be a bit nervous doing a wall dive at night, I think.

because of possible irregular currents?...depth difficulties?...or just the unknown of what's below in the "abyss"?

sharky60:
because of possible irregular currents?...depth difficulties?...or just the unknown of what's below in the "abyss"?

Um, all the above... ;^)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom