(No) Oil in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today in the upper keys.

WOW great photo...of all the times I dove there during the time I worked in KL, I don't think I ever saw viz the specatularly clear. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait. 9 more days and I'm there :yeahbaby:

Invade The Keys...just ten days away...WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colbalt blue water once again today @ molasses(the duane had no open buoys). viz was top to bottom on deep molasses@90ft with a mdt-strong current(3 eagle rays). 2nd dive again @ molasses on the southern most buoy(mdt current and 80+viz, 32ft max) and unlike yesterday, no eagle rays, however, we observed a healthy blacktip shark cruising the sand channels. most dive operators have been diving the northern end due to the strong currents, leaving the southern buoys free of divers! the blue water(viz) and fishlife(abundance and variety) has been simply stellar for over 2 weeks. as stated on numerous occasions on this board; the period may thru july are simply the best,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Looking at that pic and the vis I can feel I95 calling me

Diving Key Largo this sunday and monday...can't wait!

Was watching the news last nite, but didn't catch the whole story. They were talking about health advisories being posted. Is there any update to the oil? I have dives scheduled with my son, the week of the 21st and hope it is still ok to go.

Was watching the news last nite, but didn't catch the whole story. They were talking about health advisories being posted. Is there any update to the oil? I have dives scheduled with my son, the week of the 21st and hope it is still ok to go.
There isn't, hasn't been ANY oil found in the keys from this oil spill...

Carry on...

I did see a funny sign in Marathon though.

Hey BP keep your balls off our beach lol

So, here in Kuwait, we have oil and tar that naturally seeps up from the sea floor for as long as people have been on these waters in the Persian Gulf. It can be a mess on your gear and a byotch to clean. I heard someone told his brother's girlfriend's cousin that our tar is coming from BP. Dammit! Now I can't go to ITK!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom