No redundant gas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr:
Free diving

Free diving in an overhead environment!!!!!!!!!!!
Breathing on air pockets left from the exhaust of previous scuba divers!!!!!!!!!

Who knows at what preasure they are breathing in, will they be breathing out as they ascend.
Not if they are free diving so lung embolysim city here we come.

This has to be entered for the darwin awards

Last time I surfaced at Little River I had a young man tell me that his friend told him there was an air pocket in the cavern and you could swim up to it, get a breath, and swim out. I told him that this was definitely not advisable, but he did not seem deterred in the least.

You get lots of "cowboy" free divers at Blue Springs in Orange county, just North of Orlando. Geniuses, love to go 70' using pull and drag to tap the cave sign. 1 of those cats decided to breathe from an air pocket about 4 months ago. He made it to the surface and then blacked out. His brother had to give him CPR on the banks of the lagoon. Just goes to show you that the gene pool has an "autowash and flush" cycle.

Cheers.

Mike

Actually, Blue Springs is in Volusia County. :D And 70' seems to stretch into at least double that when you are on your way back up.

scubafool:
Actually, Blue Springs is in Volusia County.

Yeah you're right,:wink: I just assumed it was Orange due to the proximity to Orlando. I was filming the Pleco/catfish in there 1 weekend, and had a free diver ask me to film him going past the sign. He was going to take a second breath from an air pocket!! I simply refused and told him that I had run out of tape. :shakehead

If we just let the gene pool flush itself occasionally, then the VIS would improve through the silt cloud of idiots.

Cheers.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom