No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long do you think it will take to clear up for at least a couple feet of viz? I am supposed to be over there for the whole week of the 4th with the family and the boat. I am going to need anti-depression drugs if I can't dive.

Al

Hay Meghunteral, I hope its do-able next week for ya, but I've been watchin the weather and it looks kinda rough here all week. I'm gunna say next week is looking like like a wash. We've had a lot of rain which just makes the near shore viz awe full even when the seas are calm. Today the waves are crashing over the jettys.. Good luck, but I'd start thinking about a back up plain... IMG_20120625_100826.jpgIMG_20120625_100834.jpgIMG_20120625_100839.jpg

Hay Meghunteral, I hope its do-able next week for ya, but I've been watchin the weather and it looks kinda rough here all week. I'm gunna say next week is looking like like a wash. We've had a lot of rain which just makes the near shore viz awe full even when the seas are calm. Today the waves are crashing over the jettys.. Good luck, but I'd start thinking about a back up plain...View attachment 127953View attachment 127954View attachment 127955

Wow, thanks for the pics. We are there this coming Sunday thru Sunday no matter what so I will have to make the best of it. That should uncover some new stuff I would imagine. Hope I can get down there and see just a little.

20 feet of viz after Charlie? Was there teeth everywhere?

Yup. It was like a fresh field.

Just remember, Charlie went below Venice, meaning that the water was all pushed out. Debby is going above Venice, meaning that the water is all getting pushed in. Charley also went through a whole lot quicker than this one is. I could be wrong but I wouldn't count on 20 ft viz next week. If the viz is good, be sure to post!

Just remember, Charlie went below Venice, meaning that the water was all pushed out. Debby is going above Venice, meaning that the water is all getting pushed in. Charley also went through a whole lot quicker than this one is. I could be wrong but I wouldn't count on 20 ft viz next week. If the viz is good, be sure to post!
I will post conditions immediately...after I make sure I grabbed all the big ones! lol I will go check everyday for sure. I will post whatever I see...or don't see. Looks like the storm is conking out some. Still see that wind 30 somethin knots right along the beach though. Anybody finding anything on the beach? If I wasnt so far away I would be looking.

That is true, but stirred is stirred, doesn't matter if it was stirred for 6 hours or days. It all settles at the same rate. I'm not saying to count on 20' vis (I would never do that for Venice beach), I'm just saying it's possible. Call me an optimist, but I'm planning on taking a look on Sunday, and towards the middle to end of next week, it will be vis as usual.

its all guess right now , Al save your time and Gas ... I will post first trip out for all as well... Sat stating west winds 15knts will be another week more then likely. I am just like all of us looking forward to the new scrub on the bottom....

its all guess right now , Al save your time and Gas ... I will post first trip out for all as well... Sat stating west winds 15knts will be another week more then likely. I am just like all of us looking forward to the new scrub on the bottom....

Theres no turning back Jamie! We rented a place over on Nokomis Beach for a week. Will have my son and wife with me and the boat. Have a buddy coming down from Chicago to dive also. We will be checking each day starting this Sunday until we leave the following Sunday so hopefully we will get a few fair days.

winds gods in your favor Al winds backing off by Friday, now if Vis can come back..... I hope reefguys prediction is right on with Sunday stay tuned :)

Theres no turning back Jamie! We rented a place over on Nokomis Beach for a week. Will have my son and wife with me and the boat. Have a buddy coming down from Chicago to dive also. We will be checking each day starting this Sunday until we leave the following Sunday so hopefully we will get a few fair days.

:) me too. If not, Wednesday the 4th is looking nice. Winds change to come out of the east Sunday.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom