Break Off thread from -- Compressor clunking / rattling while running: need diagnostic / repair help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firemedic1015

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok compressor experts, I’m having a similar problem with my Bauer Utilus. Do you think the sound in this video is from the valves also? I took a look with a borescope and there is nothing bouncing around loose in the crankcase…

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This new topic has been split into a new thread

I really don't hear any knocking.....
I hear a tick every now and then.
Seems like the belt jumps at the same time.... is the belt coming apart or the shield hitting something?

Ok compressor experts, I’m having a similar problem with my Bauer Utilus. Do you think the sound in this video is from the valves also? I took a look with a borescope and there is nothing bouncing around loose in the crankcase…

I'm not there and just listening to a video but I am hearing what sounds like belt slap. I would check your tension and inspect the entire length for a tail or separation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom