Nominations for worst scuba-related shows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I miss Deed Sea Detectives. About the best possible combination of history and scuba you could hope for on a cable channel.

All of the 'reality' shows are stupid. The dialog always sounds like Paul Jr (drives me crazy..to another channel.). The only good UW shows are true educational documentaries, sans hyped drama.

Sent from my ADR6350 using my Fumble Thumbs :D

Scuba Nation review- for boulderJohn and those others fortunate enough to have missed it. 2 'dudes' diving Florida. The 'dudes' are trying to hard to have 'scuba personality' IMO. They come across as a couple of college guys that are crashing on your couch-came down to drink bear, chase tail and...oh yea, get in some dives...it could be a generational thing so take what I say about the show with a grain of salt. I would much rather see an experienced, thoughtful diver being introduced to new diving sites.situations by experts and giving his 2 cents and letting us hear from the experts.

And yea-diamond divers-what a waste. Not even good for reality TV.

UDC, a show about competition claiming to show who the "best diver" is. It's full of bad divers, bad videography, and the editing looks like it was done by a junior high AV class. No continuity, poor coverage, and stupid attempts at "survivor"-like eliminations.

It has great potential, but sadly, very poor execution.

Here's a sample episode i found on vimeo

[video=vimeo;25103200]http://vimeo.com/25103200[/video]

I agree with the great potential, less than great execution - particularly the editing - needed less chatting with divers more footage of diving. I still watched them all (they were broadcast on Versus last year I believe)

Watching an aquarium is more interesting than most of the scuba shows I have seen

Here's a sample episode i found on vimeo

[video=vimeo;25103200]http://vimeo.com/25103200[/video]

I agree with the great potential, less than great execution - particularly the editing - needed less chatting with divers more footage of diving. I still watched them all (they were broadcast on Versus last year I believe)

LOL, got to love the rescue diver completely failing to the point of NEEDING TO BE SAVED!

Back
Top Bottom