Non-diving 5060 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohiodiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I bought a 5060 before heading for Roatan in September - and I was very happy with the surface and underwater photos. However, I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong in taking dusk and low light photos when not diving. For example, I took the camera to my daughter's event at school, and I could not get a decent shot of the stage (only the back of the heads of the folks in front of me). I also tried to get some dusk shots in Roatan, and without a tripod it just wasn't possible. Is there a setting that will allow these types of shots without a tripod? I know this is probably a basic question, but I can't seem to figure it out. It's especially useless when using the zoom (non-digital).

I've printed out the entire 250+ page manual, but I'm still struggling, so any help you can provide would be great!

What exactly is wrong with your low-light photos? Too dark? Is it not focusing correctly? Is it focusing on closer objects rather than further objects? Whats your settings?

What are you looking to get out of the photos?

Could be several things. What mode were you using? What shutter and aperture was chosen?

Off the top of my head, I suspect your shutter speed was too slow for handholding.

Post some photos and details so we'll have an idea.

Back
Top Bottom